Saturday 31 August 2013

Superhero Catch Phrases!

Updated in August 2013 due to awesome suggestions in the comments!
I'd love to add to them but I'm soooo busy...perhaps your favourite is missing? Let me know!!

Continuing on my deeply intellectual blogging theme, please find below some of my favourite catch phrases from comic book Superheroes (and Supervillains - everyone knows they always gets the best lines!)


Now, logic dictates that I can't include them all, but please let me know the obvious ones I've missed!!




  • IT'S CLOBBERING TIME - The Thing
  • IT'S CURTAINS FOR YOU DOCTOR HORRIBLE, LACY GENTLY WAFTING CURTAINS - Captain Hammer
  • HOLY (i.e. rusty metal) BATMAN - Robin
  • MERCIFUL MINERVA - Wonder Woman
also used by Wonder Woman
1. "Great Hera"
2. "Suffering Sappho"
3. "Thunderbolts of Jove"


  • FLAME ON - The Human Torch
  • I AM THE LAW - Judge Dredd
  • AVENGERS ASSEMBLE - Captain America
  • HULK SMASH - The Incredible Hulk (d'oh)
  • UP, UP AND AWAY - Superman
also by Superman
1. "Great Scott"
2. "Great Krypton"
3. "Great Rao"

  • OH MY STARS AND GARTERS- Beast
  • COWABUNGA - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (heroes in a halfshell)
  • SPOOOOOOOOOOOON - The Tick
  • WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY - Spider Man
  • YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY - The Incredible Hulk
  • BY THE HOARY HOSTS OF HOGGOTH - Doctor Strange
  • I'M THE BEST THERE IS AT WHAT I DO AND WHAT I DO AIN'T PRETTY - Wolverine
  • TO THE BAT POLE ROBIN - Batman
  • BY CROM - Conan
  • MEIN GOTT - Nightcrawler
  • ODIN'S BEARD - Thor
  • BY THE GODDESS - Storm
  • I AN VENGEANCE, I AM THE NIGHT, I AM BATMAN
  • I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH.
  • I HAVE A PHD IN HORRIBLENESS - Doctor Horrible
  • READY TO DIE - Deadpool
  • I'LL EAT YOUR BRAINS - Venom
  • IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T CARE. I CARE MORE FOR HAVING FUN - Harley Quinn
  • KNEEL BEFORE ZOD
  • RIIIIIIIICCCCHHHHAARRDDS - Doom
  • I'M UNSTOPPABLE - Juggernaut (demonstrably not true)
  • Y'SEE LADIES, ANY FOOL CAN KILL, I WANTED TO DO IT WITH STYLE - Arcade
  • WHY SO SERIOUS? - The Joker
  • RIDDLE ME THIS - The Riddler

And my personal favourite
  • HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY - Mighty Mouse

    6 comments:

    1. Hahahahahahahahah Nice

      ReplyDelete
    2. also used by Wonder Woman
      1. "Great Hera"
      2. "Suffering Sappho"
      3. "Thunderbolts of Jove"

      also by Superman
      1. "Great Scott"
      2. "Great Krypton"
      3. "Great Rao"

      "Bozhe Moi"-- Colossus
      "Sharra and Kythri have mercy!"-- Lilandra
      "Shazam!"--(lol) Captain Marvel (DC)
      "Bub"-- Wolverine
      "Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew..."--The Thing
      "Gotcha"-- Yukio
      "Saints preserve us!"-- Banshee
      "Here me X-Men. I am no longer the woman you once knew. I am life and fire incarnate. Now and forever...I am Phoenix" --Phoenix
      "Great Neptune"-- Aquaman

      oh...and the ever popular, "Sweet Christmas!"-- Luke Cage

      ReplyDelete
    3. Honorable mention "great Caesar's Ghost" Perry White

      ReplyDelete
    4. Another Superman catchphrase you missed was "This looks like a job for Superman!"

      ReplyDelete
    5. Another Superman catchphrase you missed was "This looks like a job for Superman!"

      ReplyDelete